Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fashola Receives 2009 Sun Man Of The Year Award


2009 Man Of The Year Award By The Sun Newspaper

Feb 20, 2010 - Honours, awards and trophies are tokens of celebration and expression of appreciation for performances that the giver of the honour considers deserving.

As far as I am aware, this honour has been given in recognition of the work that our Government is doing.

I am not the Government, but I am possibly its most visible face.

The Government is constituted by my colleagues in the Executive arm, the Speaker and other legislators in the Legislative arm, the Chief Judge, other judges of the High Court and Magistrates in the Judicial arm. The Local Government Chairmen, our teachers, doctors, nurses, policemen, Firemen, KAI, LASTMA and all the other public servants of Lagos State.

Everything that this Award is all about happened because they did it.

On their behalf, I accept the award and recognize the increased burden of expectation it places on us.

If it requires more than 100% effort to meet those expectations, I assure you that we will gladly give it.

I thank the management of Sun Newspapers for considering us worthy, and on behalf of the Government and people of Lagos State, I congratulate fellow awardee, Mr. Tayo Aderinokun and GT Bank Plc for a well deserved recognition.

Thank you.

Eko o ni baje o

Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN

No comments: