Monday, January 18, 2010
Matters arrsing and serious questions for the Government of Lagos state.
1. Is the Government of Lagos state ready to effectively respond to natural and man made disasters?
2. Do we have first trained disaster response team in place to respond to any disaster?
3. Do we have trained volunteers like doctors, nurses and EMTs.
4. Do we have emergency relief stockpile?
5. Do we have credible agency/agencies to respond and coordinate all disaster efforts?
6. Do we have functioning communications assets in place and ready to be deployed for use?
7. Do we have fueled ambulances, heavy tools and equipments to be used during disasters.
8. Are our hospitals and other health care infrastructures and able to handle traumas and critical injuries?
9. Are our medical staffs trained in emergency response?