Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fashola is my Governor. He has wiped away my tears.


Nigeria Legend Peter Fregene To Walk Again After Spinal Cord Op

Bed-ridden for eight years, doctors have now given former Nigeria international goalkeeper a chance to walk again...

6 Jun 2009 20:24:04


Peter Fregene, or the 'Flying Cat' as he was known during his playing career, is a joyous man after doctors told him he will be able to walk again after he underwent a spinal cord operation in Lagos.

"The doctors have given me a 75 per cent chance to walk again in two, three years' time," said Fregene, whose international career spanned from 1966 to 1983.

The acrobatic goalkeeper, who featured for Nigeria at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico and the 1982 Africa Cup of Nations in Libya, was abandoned to his fate for almost eight years before Lagos State Governor and a Manchester United fan, Babatunde Raji Fashola, came to his rescue.

"Fashola is my Governor. He has wiped away my tears when even the Nigeria Football Federation could not assist me," said Fregene.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2009/06/06/1309696/finished-nigeria-legend-peter-fregene-to-walk-again-after-spinal-

No comments: